Comprehension - Improve Comprehension in Reading with these Interpretation
Find Something... Search my Education Sites
Resources Homepage -
You are here
Three Level Guides - Head
Questions - Interpretation
A collection of reading comprehension question stems that deal specifically
with the interpretation of what has been read. These question stems
have been given to me by a Support Teacher who is doing amazing
work with students not functioning at 'grade level'.
- Reading Comprehension Stems
Stems on the Poster
this beside you during guided reading)
1. Why was (character)
2. What clues in the story tell you...
3. What sort of person do you think (character) is?
(Explain why you think this)
4. Create another title for this story.
5. How many clues can you find in the story to show...
6. How old do you think the characters are? Why?
7. Does (character) like (character)? How do you know?
8. What reasons does the writer give you for...
9. What does the writer want you to think about (character? action?
event?) Explain your answer.
10. Why did (character) do (action)?
11. Create a 'better' title for this story.
12. List 3 reasons why...
13. What does the writer want you to feel about...
14. Give two reasons why...
15. Why do writers give their stories names?
poster prints out at A4 size when downloaded